New slightly embarrassed chicken owner

ShannyG

In the Brooder
Sep 29, 2020
East Tn
Hello everyone, I’m near Gatlinburg Tennesse, the greatest place in the world. Hubby and I decide to buy a little farm with 12 acres, which needed tons of work. Six years later still working on things but have finally managed to get a few chickens. Six months ago we went to tractor supply and came home with Six little chicks. 2 white, 2 yellow and 2 black. I was so excited I didn’t even write down what kind I was bringing home. Now I have 2 white-Ethel and Lucy, 2-reddish brown- Ginger and MaryAnn and 2-black/white speckled - Olga and Helga and I still do not know what kind they are. that’s where the slightly embarrassing part come s in. I’m getting large dark brown eggs and small really light brown eggs Just not sure which ones are laying them. Lol Chickens sure do have a mind of their own and don’t mind very well. I think I may need a few more down the road! Loving the chicken life!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

With a handful of chickens, if you observe them long enough you can usually figure out which egg came from which hen, even if they lay the same color egg! Definitely post up some pics so we can see your flock. Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom