New So Cal. BYC family

Wow...it all sounds great! Good luck with all your projects, and
welcome-byc.gif

Hello, All!
We are a family in Lake Forest CA. We don't have any chickens yet as we are researching the local laws, codes and coventries. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone in So. OC. who has experience with BYC.

As a family, we like to grow our own vegetables and fruits... just because it is a whole bunch of fun, educational and healthy... I am also looking at growing tilapia in an aquaponic system- this is a really fun system as it combines aquaculture and hydroponics... have had some success using goldfish and growing peppers, corn and tomatoes.

I am very interested in developing these 'micro farms' in a responsible way in which regular folks can supply some of their own sustenance in a clean, organic and healthy way.

Respectfully, Ken
Hi Ken. I'm in Santa Ana and have had BYCs for two years now. If I can be of any help feel free to contact me.

Helen

Hi Ken,
Not sure if you're still on this forum but I'm a BYC owner in Lake Forest, looking to connect with other BYC owners in this city. We have an organic vegetable garden that the chickens do fantastic job of keeping very clean for us.
One challenge in this city is that the existing ordinance doesn't allow coops to be within 50 feet of our homes. For backyard owners, this is a big challenge. We have three chicken owners on our street alone and several others in a neighborhood so I'm hoping to inquire about changing the ordinance if there's enough interest. I think a lot of us have been trying to stay under the radar and simply enjoying our chickens in peace.
Thanks!

Hi Ken,
Not sure if you're still on this forum but I'm a BYC owner in Lake Forest, looking to connect with other BYC owners in this city. We have an organic vegetable garden that the chickens do fantastic job of keeping very clean for us.
One challenge in this city is that the existing ordinance doesn't allow coops to be within 50 feet of our homes. For backyard owners, this is a big challenge. We have three chicken owners on our street alone and several others in a neighborhood so I'm hoping to inquire about changing the ordinance if there's enough interest. I think a lot of us have been trying to stay under the radar and simply enjoying our chickens in peace.
Thanks!

I see that Ken has only made a couple of posts since he joined so it might not be likely that he'll ever check this page to see your post. However, if you send him a pm it will go to his email. If his email address is the same he will get your message. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom