New So. Cal Member

JCW73

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 28, 2014
So Cal Desert
Hello everybody ! When my wife and I decided we wanted to raise some chickens for fresh eggs I turned to the internet for information. Every question I asked directed me to Backyard Chickens lol. We were still in the planning stages of how many, where to build etc, when my 3 year old daughter made a trip with us to the local feed store. We went home with 6 chicks .... lol. I got the run built fast and the coop the following week. It is an absolute riot watching my daughter interact with them, we call her the chicken whisperer. She sits down and they all come to her lol. Thank you for all the information made available here !

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck with your flock. Glad you joined!

Last edited:
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, lots of us joined on to BYC because all the answers are here!!

Enjoy this great adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! My granddaughter loves chicks (and the adults as well). She names the hens after Disney princesses, and the Easter Eggers are her favorites as she loves the colored eggs. What kind of chicks do you have?

Thanks for the welcomes. We got 6 different hens, a Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire Red, Delaware, Barred Rock, Auraucana, and her favorite, a Buff Orpington.

You have a nice, hardy group of good layers there. I'm not surprised that the Buff Orpington is your wife's favorite. They are a very calm, gentle breed, and that will become even more evident as your birds get older. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom