New Spring Coop!!! I need help designing!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by DrinkTheRainbow, Jan 25, 2011.

1. DrinkTheRainbow

DrinkTheRainbow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    So, I was thinking I wanted a new coop where I can start my own chickens. I need one that can hold a lot of breeding pens but with a "hallway look" where the pens are on both sides and the waterer and feeder are accessible outside and the poop tray is easily taken out and inserted. I want it where there is a room before that and a room behind that behind doors where I can store eggs and have incubators and brooders. I also want one with lights like the christmas white lights so I also want to know how would I get "cheap" electricity. Thank you!!! Any other tips I'll take it!!! [​IMG]

2. texaschickmom

texaschickmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Lindale, TX
    Wow! I want all of that, too....subscribing![​IMG]

3. dmiravalle

dmiravalle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2010
    Foresthill, CA
    No kidding!! Can ya just deliver it?

4. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    Draw it out.

5. DrinkTheRainbow

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    I've drawn it so I'll upload it soon!!! [​IMG] Do you BYCers have a special diet to keep plumage in tip top condition and everything lol and a diet for breeders. Do you also know the standard for them? How big should the breeder pens be for trios? Brooder Space? How would I keep track of the chicks and their bloodline? How would I do inbreeding if needed? Who do you know that has really good quality birds that are pretty??? Should I have a pen for natural hatchers? For more flighty breeds should I make high perches? If the breed does not need as much space can I make each pen smaller stack ons? So many questions!!! If anything occurs to your mind please spill the beans!!! I've gone cuckoo! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DrinkTheRainbow

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Sorry, stupid Mac doesn't have enough functions for me to copy the scan pic onto here sorry [​IMG] [​IMG] I feel disappointed...

7. cabincrazyone

cabincrazyone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    NE Minnesota
    Quote:Hi. I have a mac, too. I'm no 'puter wizard though. If you save your scan to your desktop as a jpeg, then go to BYC's "uploads" link in the blue bar at the top of the page, you can upload it, click on the url to highlight it, copy it, go to your forum post and paste it.

8. DrinkTheRainbow

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

Edit: Couldn't fix the picture correctly [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  9. DrinkTheRainbow

Jan 1, 2011
    Altoona, Wisconsin
    Hello,

me again. Do you know how I could build this without too much money and it's not to "crappy"?

10. Chicken0Boy

Chicken0Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

You are most likely going to have to spend 1,000+. I built my 6x6 coop for just a little under. [​IMG] . What breeds are you wanting to breed? I could help you alot if I knew. (Well, I think I could! [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by