New threads

BarnGoddess01

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
10 Years
Aug 5, 2009
north shore of Lake Erie
As much as I love the new BYC, I miss having a short list of recent threads with new posts. Since the new format, I find I'm only visiting the threads I'm subscribed to and not checking out anything new because I don't know where to look, so to speak. I would LOVE to see a short list of active threads, a grab bag, so to speak, for those times I'm hunting around for something new to check out. (Not entirely convinced this makes sense but I'm hoping it does!!)

As much as I love the new BYC, I miss having a short list of recent threads with new posts. Since the new format, I find I'm only visiting the threads I'm subscribed to and not checking out anything new because I don't know where to look, so to speak. I would LOVE to see a short list of active threads, a grab bag, so to speak, for those times I'm hunting around for something new to check out. (Not entirely convinced this makes sense but I'm hoping it does!!)
BarnGoddes01---

Ditto on the format change.... Go to the top where there is a drop down window and it says 'Forum Nav' then you travel across that same line and it says 'All Forums' and in blue beside it 'New Posts' with a downward pointing arrow in blue type. Click that arrow--

You will find 'new posts' 'new threads' etc. Just discovered it myself in the last couple of days...hope this is what you were looking for and my explanation makse sense.....

Thanks, ChicKat! On the old BYC home page there used to be a short list of a dozen or so topics that were most recently posted to. I LOVE having my subscriptions on my homepage now but I enjoyed that short random list of new things to check out. This new format is VERY well organized but there is just SO much to look at. It's hard to know where to start so I usually don't. About the only time I check out new threads now is when something is promoted on Facebook or when there is something highlighted at the top of my homepage.

Me too----

I always liked to go to the "unanswered posts"---because I think that the new posts can come in fast and furious---and felt a real empathy for a poster who seemed to get ignored in the thriving BYC community.

I'm still getting used to the new format---and it's been 5-months now hasn't it? and how the time flies.
cheers!

ETA - Oh by the way I think your part of the world is beautiful. I'm traveling to the south western end of Lake Erie before long---- (July).

Last edited:
There's also a list of "recent discussions" near the bottom of the page in the brown area, on the left. Also, on the home page (just click Tudy at the top left of any page) you'll find recent activity.

There's also a list of "recent discussions" near the bottom of the page in the brown area, on the left. Also, on the home page (just click Tudy at the top left of any page) you'll find recent activity.

Fabulous!!! I'm so glad I said something! You guys have given me great suggestions - and I'm looking around again! Thank you!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom