New Timer!

Mar 7, 2022
SE Ohio
Hello friends :frow

Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes! I will be getting three Welsh Harlequin ducklings around the 23rd! My brother will be adding six Whiting True Blue chicks to our flock in May :wee My excitement simply can’t be contained!!

How many chickens do you have right now?

None!

What breeds do you have?

We’ll have a mix of Welsh Harlequin ducks, Whiting True Blue and Sapphire Gem chickens!
What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

What are some of your other hobbies?

Away from birds I am a dog trainer and advocate often! I enjoy reading, writing, and art. Knowledge hungry and always on the prowl to learn something jew.

Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I’m nearly into adulthood, And we celebrate this with thr only logical thing… poultry! Initially, we were only getting chicken, but I have a minor fear of hook and seed bill birds, and managed to get three ducklings 🤫 While my brother and parents are here for the eggs, I’m here for the ducks!

I hope you will all be patient with me, as I am very dyslexic and visually impaired! My posts may be formatted or spelt oddly. On the side, I’m a service dog (in training) handler and free lance artist. My SDiT is a Cane Corso mix, one year, named Juniper. She’s a natural LGD by nature and her favorite hobby is laying in the yard, watching the world turn.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

i discovered BYC while doing some searching on duck enrichment. Suddenly I found myself in a deep dive reading forums, laughing to stories, etc. after a couple weeks of lurking I’ve decided to throw in the towel and become a member :wee this seems to be a patient, Kind community and I’m excited to make more friends.

Back
Top Bottom