New to all of this and wanted to say Hi to everyone

buggal

Chirping
Aug 15, 2016
Aubrey, TX
Hi Everyone!
My handle is buggal but my name is Lisa. I live north of Dallas, TX. I got my first few chickens a little over a month ago. I started off with 14 girls and 4 boys. Now I have a lot more girls and fewer boys. I think the total is around 39 now. I am starting tonight with the incubator. I have a auto turner so I am hoping that this will be a great success. I have had more joy out of watching my chickens in the last 6 weeks than I have had in a long time. It reminds me of when I was a little girl on my grandmother's farm. I feel a little closer to my relatives that have passed when I am with my chickens. I know that must sound a little strange but it is true.
Thanks for having me and I will try not to ask too much...
Lisa

Welcome to BYC, Lisa. I enjoyed your post. No, it is not strange to feel closer to someone who has passed while making life memories of your own. It is those connections of shared passions that bind us to those loved ones from our past and you are laying the groundwork for those who share time with you doing those simple, everyday things like caring for your chickens.

Hi Lisa and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. You sure seem to have got the chicken maths bug, good and proper
big_smile.png
. You may wish to check out the Hatch a long and Raising baby chicks forums - I'm sure folks there will help you out with any questions that you may have.

You'll find lots more info in the Learning Centre
https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=learning+centre and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom