New to all this chicken stuff!!

chickadee junkie

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Hi My name is Tai. I have enjoyed reading all the posts on BYC and decided I should just join. I really decided when I saw a pic of "frizzles" on the cover of the "Backyard Poultry" magazine and wondered where I could get some and then I realized I knew just the place to go and ask. Right now we have silkies. We were looking for some chickens and we found out someone in our town was having to get rid of hers because they were moving. We have fallen in love with them. But now I am on to Frizzles!!! I want some of them too. But I thought I would answer these few questions so you could get to know me.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We are pretty new to chickens. We had Barred Rocks before and I did not like them at all. Loved the eggs just not the chickens. They were very aggressive.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Now we have 13 Silkies and 2 Easter eggers (I believe that is what they are called)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Oops, I answered that question in #2

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I had run across the site before when I was searching stuff but the lady that we got the chickens from told me about it and said I could learn anything I needed to know from BYC.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Anything with animals, gardening, making jewlery, making cards and paper crafts, building and sign language.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share..
My husband Mark and I have been married for 8 years. He is very quite and reserved and I am the complete opposite. He likes all my animals but doesnt love them as much as me and is very tolerant! We have two kids, Graci is 7 and Case (which we call Quesadilla) is 3 and a half. They are my whole world!!!!! Ok. Now for the animals.... 15 goats, 15 chickens, 12 cows, 4 guineas, 4 dogs, 3 peacocks, 1 horse and 1 crazy turkey. Oh and I'm not sure how many cats we have around our ranch, but quite a few!!!!

welcome-byc.gif
, Tai!

Have you been throught the Buy ~ Sell ~ Auction section, yet? You might also want to take a look at the thread for your home state under https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=26 . I'm sure somebody will be more than happy to help you out with your Frizzle addiction!

welcome fromEastern Wa. this is the right place for you tons of knowledgable and nice folks hear. with all those animals I hope you live in the country LOL.

Hello to all of you. I haven't looked at all the info on BYC. There is so much but I will check out those links. Thanks. And yes we live 15 miles out of town on a ranch. If I lived in town my neighbors would want to kill me and all of my animals!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom