New to Backyard Chickens!

ChelsNChickens

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2022
Hi. I'm new the backyard chickens.

We raised 100 meat chickens and had 50 eggs layers at one time. Had a few different coop styles over time and a mobile coop for the meat birds.

Working full-time and having two young kids, we scaled back over the years to focus on raising our human babies.

We currently have 15 hens, 1 rooster full grown birds. 1 hen was broody and hatched 5 eggs. 1 chick is male and 7 weeks old and 4 chicks (2 male 2 females).

Breeds we have are: we had a male and female black giant and my dog attacked the male and he passed but our oldest chick and 3 of the younger chick's are black giant crosses.

We also have Barred Rocks, Ameraucanas, True Whiting Green, Rhode Island Reds. Soon to have 10 Lavendar chick's from a friend.

My hubs and I enjoy homesteading as organically as possible. We have a 15 yrs old Lab/Dane mix and a 6 year old Austrailian Sheppard. 5 yr old daughter and 3 yr old son. My husband is a stay at home dad and I work from home in data analytics for a bank after spending 15 years in retail branch banking.

We live in rural northern, lower MI near Lake Michigan and LOVE it!!

Back
Top Bottom