New to BackYard Chickens

cdawnrose

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 2, 2013
Missouri
Hello, I am new to this site and have decided to join after being re-directed here numerous times whenever I have had to google any questions about my new flock of "ladies". My husband and I decided this year to get a small flock of Barred Rocs for several reasons, eggs of course being the major reason but to also have the joy of watching our 8 yr old daughter interact with them. I was raised around Barred Rocs, Rhode Island Reds, Bantams, Brazos Bronze Turkeys and I had a pet goose all around the age of 8 and I just missed being around them and wanted my daughter to have the same experience.

You're gonna love this place. WELCOME!
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC. It is great that you are sharing the poultry raising experience with your daughter. I too had a pet goose through my teens and up until I got married and my parents sold their home.

welcome-byc.gif
The closest I've come to a pet goose, was watching the "Garfield goose & friends," (hand puppets) TV show when I was a young child.

thank you for all the welcomes! My goose was the best friend I had, we went all over my parents 5 acres together! I got her from our neighbor on Easter, she had hatched that morning and he brought her straight over to us and I became "mommy". I could carry her even after she had become a full grown bird and she would even let me lay her on her back and stretch out so I could pet her belly, we only got rid of her because we had to move out of state. I am sure that this site will be very helpful for us and our daughter Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom