New to BackYard Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cdawnrose, Dec 2, 2013.

1. cdawnrose

cdawnrose New Egg

Dec 2, 2013
    Missouri
    Hello, I am new to this site and have decided to join after being re-directed here numerous times whenever I have had to google any questions about my new flock of "ladies". My husband and I decided this year to get a small flock of Barred Rocs for several reasons, eggs of course being the major reason but to also have the joy of watching our 8 yr old daughter interact with them. I was raised around Barred Rocs, Rhode Island Reds, Bantams, Brazos Bronze Turkeys and I had a pet goose all around the age of 8 and I just missed being around them and wanted my daughter to have the same experience.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC!

3. Rocky Rhodes

Rocky Rhodes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2013
    North Georgia Mountains
    You're gonna love this place. WELCOME![​IMG]

4. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. It is great that you are sharing the poultry raising experience with your daughter. I too had a pet goose through my teens and up until I got married and my parents sold their home.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] The closest I've come to a pet goose, was watching the "Garfield goose & friends," (hand puppets) TV show when I was a young child.

7. cdawnrose

cdawnrose New Egg

Dec 2, 2013
    Missouri
    thank you for all the welcomes! My goose was the best friend I had, we went all over my parents 5 acres together! I got her from our neighbor on Easter, she had hatched that morning and he brought her straight over to us and I became "mommy". I could carry her even after she had become a full grown bird and she would even let me lay her on her back and stretch out so I could pet her belly, we only got rid of her because we had to move out of state. I am sure that this site will be very helpful for us and our daughter Thank you again!

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by