New to Backyard Farming

Happiehart

In the Brooder
May 5, 2021
Hello Everyone!

1. I do not have my chickens yet. We are planning to get them next year, but I want to learn as much as possible before they come home!

2. Zero chickens currently, hopefully 6ish soon

3. šŸ‘†

4. We are planning to raise chickens to provide eggs for our family. These kids keep growing and I have to feed them something! We all are really excited about having new pets.

5. I am a homeschooling mom, but back when I had hobbies I loved to read, make soap & garden. Now I mostly cook, teach, cuddle kids, cook, clean, garden, cook...

6. My husband and I along with our 3 kids finally bought a house, so now we can do all of the things that we dreamed of. Our family's Christmas present this past year was a hypoallergenic puppy. My son and I have really bad allergies to plants and many animals, including chickens. I am hoping to get some advice on how any of you have raised chickens with allergies. We have had to drastically change our diet recently and that combined with the desire to be thrifty has encouraged us down this path. We have our garden started and can't wait to add chickens to the mix.

7. This site has come up in many conversations with friends while dreaming about having my own flock someday.

-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom