New To Board & Proud Owner Of A New Stagecoach Chicken Tractor

juliect

Songster
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Niota, TN
I am new to the BackyardChicken forum, so a big "hello" to all my fellow chicken fans. I however, am not new to raising chickens, I raised chickens throughout my childhood and teenage years....then I moved inside the city limits and gave up chickens for 17 years. Now I am back in the country & (of course) my fondness for chickens has resurfaced!

I agonized for weeks on deciding which was the best chicken enclosure design for my situation . Then one day, as fate would have it, I stumbled across one of the best designed chicken tractors I have seen. It even has an automatic waterer & feeder! Plus an exterior-mounted nestbox (rare in tractor designs), so they can't roost over nestbox & make a mess. Not to mention it is so easy to move!!! Easy maneuverability was at the top of my concern list, since I tore the rotator cuff in my shoulder a month ago. It lifts off the ground & is perfectly balanced so that it carries its own weight on the tires, all I have to do is push! Yay!

36390_img00017-20090706-1857.jpg

I ordered the complete 4'x10" unit (the largest in the lineup), pre-built from the friendly people at http://www.chickenmobilestagecoach.com...but you can order the complete plans or DIY kits and build it yourself. For the safety of my chickens, I decided to leave the construction part to someone other than myself.
smile.png

36390_img00016-20090706-1856.jpg

(Jo & Beth enjoying their new luxurious home, with Meg & Amy in the background fighting over a bug) ~to anyone wondering...yes...their names are taken from the book "Little Women"

If anyone has any questions about the Stagecoach Tractor, feel free to contact me. I am a very happy with my purchase!!

Updated January 11, 2010 at 8:15am to add:

Several people have asked me about the security of the Stagecoach Tractors...now I know (other than my own dogs testing them out). Something desperately tried to get into both the tractors last night, but didn't succeed...all chickens are safe and unharmed. The tarps and paint however a different story. The tarps are SHREDDED and the paint is scratched up, but the wire and supports are still standing strong. From the extent of the damage & claw marks, I assume it was raccoon(s). I am just relieved all my girls and boys are safe, when I stepped out the door and saw the shredded tarps, my heart dropped.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments.

And yes, the crew at Stagecoach picked a gorgeous shade of red (I can't take credit). It has even inspired me to paint my storage building this weekend, mainly because the new tractor makes the storage building look BAD
smile.png
Rick at Stagecoach Tractor was nice enough to give me the color name so I could get a true color match.

OMG! That is so cool.
welcome-byc.gif
From Syr. NY
No disrespect intended but your description sounds just like a sales pitch. I still think its cool, but I think your posting is more than meets the eye.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom