New to "Button Quail"

Hey Steve, I live about 20 minutes north of St Joe, out by Oregon. I will try to get them sexed this week and let you know, I want to make sure they are paired up appropriately when I give them away so they are happy in their new homes.

Call anytime that's good for you, I don't have a "real" job so I am around the house all day and night... usually working and looking for a reason to take a break!!

Steve

lol unfortunately I have a real job lol, I work on the ambulance and have a pretty crazy schedule, are you in st joe or outside?

You don't need to vent sex them. If they are old enough to be laying, you should be able to tell most of the colors just by looking at them.

Any male will have mahogany( deep dark red) on his underbelly or his vent. Most males will show this coloring after 3 weeks of age. If they are white , this does not apply.

If you post pictures, someone can help you with the sexes depending on what color they are.

I'll try to get some pics when I get time, I think there are 5 whites and 3 silver so the red feathers are missing on those too. I'll take a better look when I take some pictures

Quote:
Vent sexing with adult buttons has nothing to do with looking at the actual vent. Males get red or pink feathers on their bellies surrounding the vent area.

I'm in St Janky just up the hill from the old Quaker Oats plant but I have a farm in Agency that these guys will go to.

Last edited:
I havn't forgotten ya Steve, just have been working 14 hours a day lol. I will look ya up soon. Did you only want two sir?

Back
Top Bottom