New to BYC and looking for tips!

Ameraucanas

Songster
May 15, 2015
Any advice on navigating BYC would be great! I have three chickens which I love a lot, and I am a total chicken maniac!
fl.gif
Also, random question... What does this icon mean?

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Start by clicking on the tab at the top where it says "Forum". This will take you to the list of all of our forums. There are other tabs up there you might want to stop by as well, "Learning Center", "Coops", "Breed", etc....

There is a search bar directly beneath this bar that you can search for topics. If you were looking for a certain breed thread or a particular illness, you would type it in there and click the "Search" tab on the right of this bar and it will take you to a page with all the threads related to this search.

BYC can be a bit daunting at first, but the more you participate, the easier it gets!

Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

That icon is a fingers crossed. Hoping/praying for something.

Good luck with your flock! You sound like your just as addicted to chickens as the rest of us! So you'll fit right in!

That's it "fingers crossed" - hoping things turn out okay. People tend to use that a lot in posts. I know I do. Now I see - there are people who don't understand, so I will explain to them.

Back
Top Bottom