New to BYC...and loving it!

elizabethb

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 29, 2014
Hi,

I've been stuck for several hours reading posts on here. This is an amazing place!

A bit about myself...

I am new to the world of chickens. I have 3 pet silkies and 7 nice quality Mille Fleur d'Uccles. I've always wanted some d'Uccles and was finally able to find 7 nice quality birds! I really want to keep them in top condition. Unfortunately I live in the Lower Mainland of BC, Canada and we have rather wet weather here which is conducive to all kinds of parasites.

I look forward to learning more from the experienced chicken people here!

Elizabeth

Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. Sounds like you have some lovely birds. And yes BYC is just as addictive as actual chicken keeping I find the site great for information and for learning new things. I'm in UK so sometimes here it gets quite wet too, sometimes we have all four seasons in one day. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly :frow

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I use to have some Mille Fleur D'Uccles about four decades ago and they were beautiful, friendly, and delightful little birds. A pair of my MFDs (male and female) actually won best of show in the Hunt County Fair, and no one was more surprised than I was. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Mille Fleur D"Uccles.

Would it help if you could cover their run? Maybe with drier birds and run surface, it would cut down on parasites. Welcome to BYC

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock.

Good luck with them and feel free to ask questions.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, this is the place to be. We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

Yes, too much wet can cause all kinds of bacteria and parasites. As Drumstick Diva has mentioned, keeping things covered and good hygiene practices will definitely help your situation. You might stop by the Canada thread and chat with your chicken neighbors to see how they do things... https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/144/canadians-check-in-here

Good luck and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. And thank you for telling me about the breed thread, Kelsie2290. I will go over and take a look!

Back
Top Bottom