New to BYC and to Keeping Ducks!

Joshin

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
Spokane, WA
Hello!
I've been lurking for awhile soaking up as much info as I can and finally decided to take the plunge and join! We live in Spokane, WA and just adopted our first three ducks last weekend. The little ones are now 16 days old and such silly little things. Although neither my husband nor I have experience with poultry, my husband's mother bred exotic birds when he was growing up so he is very comfortable with being a duck-daddy. We live in town so we can only have a few birds and after a ton of research decided to go with ducks instead of chickens.

We aren't sure of our little ones exact breeds, they were from a local feed store that had a batch of various runners from Metzers. We think we have a black runner, a khaki Campbell, and a third mystery bird that started out yellow with a brown head and is now turning a silvery-gray with a darker head. We're busy constructing a duck home in the backyard to keep them safe and away from our large vegetables beds, along with a small pond they will have limited daily access to.

Excited to be here and starting on this journey!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom