New to BYC, but not new to chickens!

ArcherFarms

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of this community, the threads here have saved many of my birds' lives and gave me a lot of peace of mind, so I'm glad to finally be a part of the site.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I've had chickens for about 8 years now, I got three chicks when I was in middle school, and one of those chicks is still part of my flock now!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
A dozen hens, and two roosters. (And three guineas)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Game birds- Old English, Mug, Roundhead, and Wheaten
Black Star
Black Sex Link
Barred Rock
Ameraucana

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Just sitting out and watching my birds has always been really soothing to me, I love to watch them peck and scratch and roam. I also love the fresh eggs. Last, but not least, hatching chicks is one of my favorite things to do. Seeing the chick hatch, imprint, and getting to watch it grow and develop its own personality is so fulfilling!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have a farm, so I spend a lot of time with my cows, riding horses, or hiking. I also like to paint, but that's my job as well as a hobby.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm currently a college student, studying art and education. Besides doing art, I farm cattle.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I've known about BYC for a very long time, probably since I first got chickens. I googled every little thing that my hens did and it usually brought up a forum on here. I finally decided to get an account because I know a few things, and would love to help people with their own flocks. I also have been looking to get into emus for about two years now, and I wanted to connect with people that might have chicks, or be able to offer me advice.

Thanks everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom