New to BYC from MN

Thanks for welcoming me to BYC.
When I first started with chickens I had a pen surrounding the coop and they were always flying out of it.
Once I realized they stayed in my yard and did not wander too far, I decided to let them enjoy roaming instead of modifying the pen to keep them in.
I didn't start losing chickens until things changed with my schedule and no one was home to let them in at sunset. So I think for now I don't have any predators roaming around during the day. I have goats near the chicken coop and maybe they keep the predators away during the day.
My automatic door has been working wonderfully and I haven't lost anyone since getting it set up!
I ordered it from chickendoors.com and would highly recommend it!! I don't have anything to compare it to but it was totally worth purchasing for my situation. The instructions were easy to follow and it has been functioning without complications. The manual also has great tips to keep the door well maintained and to troubleshoot any problems that could arise.
With my work schedule it is so nice to know that my chickens are safely locked in the coop at night and it's nice to sleep in without having to worry about my flock anxiously waiting for me to come let them out!
I just received an order of 20 baby chicks this past weekend. I hope to be on this site more often as I continue to learn about raising chickens. Hopefully I can contribute to others what I have learned through experience and continue to learn!

Back
Top Bottom