New to BYC - Got 2 chickens yesterday!

Hi and Welcome to BYC :welcomeBYC .

I am the head chick of a flock of four hens and pullets that I aquired in April. I have 1 Wyondotte hen, 1 Austrolorp hen, 1 RIR pullet (14 wks old) and 1 EE (14 wks old). I get enjoyment from my chickens daily as I am sure you will. My husband and I go to what we call "Chicken Theater" each night. We have 2 chairs set out side the chicken run and we go out about 7:30 each evening and watch the girls
pop.gif
until they put themselves to bed around 8:15. We find "Chicken Theater" a nice way to wind down from the day and chat. Even my mother, who lives next door, some times comes to "Chicken Theater". The girls are of course given treats during that time.

Welcome to the wonderful world of chickens, and I can tell you from experience, 2 won't be enough. Keep the questions coming that is how I learned, and a little trial and error, but enjoy the fun!!! It gets even more exciting if you start hatching eggs too (I mean in an incubator or under a brrody hen, not you yourself....sorry it is late and I'm tired) Welcome!!!!!

Hi Monica,
Welcome to you and your most beautiful chickens. Yes, they are gorgeous. And that looks like garden grown lettuce? Lucky girls.

This is a great site with many wonderful and experienced chicken lovers.
Anne

Monica Welcome to our world I know that you will love this site as much as I do. VT Chick-lit I know what you mean about "chicken theater". My forty year old son was laughing his butt off today as we watched my birds play keep away. Great entertainment.

welcome to the BYC family! If you need to laugh, cry or ask questions, log on here, if one doesn't know, then another person will. I have had such positive experiences with the community here, again, welcome and enjoy your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom