New to BYC; Hello, all!

YES!
I can tell already that the Buff Orpington and Barred Rock are going to be the most sweet and outgoing of my lot.
The EEs are really sweet but they don't just hop on my shoulder like "HI MA!" My 5-year-old brother picked them out--sold him at "green eggs".

Regardless, I think I'll continue to get these three breeds a lot. Thank you!
My granddaughter still hasn't been able to make the lap pets of of our EEs that she has out of our Buff Orpingtons, yet she still insists that the EEs are her favorites because of the colored eggs. I have a feeling she will change her mind when she is older. :eek:)

My granddaughter still hasn't been able to make the lap pets of of our EEs that she has out of our Buff Orpingtons, yet she still insists that the EEs are her favorites because of the colored eggs. I have a feeling she will change her mind when she is older. :eek:)

Yeah, only three of mine will come up to you and jump in your lap or on your shoulder if you're sitting down. Two more'll come up to anyone to be petted and hop in your hand--the two mystery chicks strangely enough. But the other three have their favorite people and will run away from everybody else.

Funny thing is, my biggest EE, "Lolth", just randomly started doing it just a few days ago! She likes putting her butt in my face. It just looks like maybe she was as affectionate as the other two, just didn't know quite how to approach it?

How old are your EEs and granddaughter? I have no clue why, but one of the other EEs, Chickity specifically likes my 5-yo brother, but interestingly enough, Lolth keeps her distance from unless he's sitting down. Maybe it's something to do with noise and energy-levels like cats or something? I have no earthly idea what criteria a chicken has for picking it's people, lol. Very strange but I hope she's successful in making them lap chickens!

Aw, I feel so lucky now that Lolth has blessed me with her butt.

Get Cookie her own book to poop on. Maybe "potty training for dummies."
gig.gif
People usually tell me their favorite chicken poos on them all the time. I said they must believe it's a safe place to go. If people jumped up all the time and yelled "No!", they wouldn't want to sit on them.

Ahaha, yes. That Cookie is a stinker. I sincerely hope they're love poos! I enjoy it though--not the being poo'd on--but them feeling like they can come up and be friendly. It's so cute! And yeah, they're obviously a little too comfy up there sometimes it seems!

How old are your EEs and granddaughter? I have no clue why, but one of the other EEs, Chickity specifically likes my 5-yo brother, but interestingly enough, Lolth keeps her distance from unless he's sitting down. Maybe it's something to do with noise and energy-levels like cats or something? I have no earthly idea what criteria a chicken has for picking it's people, lol. Very strange but I hope she's successful in making them lap chickens!
My EEs are a little over a year old and my granddaughter will be turn 7 on the 30th of this month. She's quite gentle with our pets though, including the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom