New to byc, longtime viewer

Chickenduckchick

In the Brooder
Oct 13, 2018
Eastern NC
Hello-

I have used this site for a little over 2 years now. However, I am finally taking the time to join.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got 2 baby chicks and 2 baby pekin ducks about 2 yrs ago. Always wanted them and was told no. Well noone tells me no!! I bought a house with tons of land and finally got them. Everyone thought I was crazy since im a city person, but honestly idc. Yes, i love my chickens, ducks and dogs way more than people, they are gentle and kind whereas people are not. They are not backyard pets to me, maybe I will meet more people like me here.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 13 chickens

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orp, Rhode Island, Isa Brown, Silky, Barred Rock, Sex Link...

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google searches for questions

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

My 3 pekin ducks, dog grooming, my car and my dogs

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 2 chihuahua’s, already mentioned the 3 pekins and my chickens. Don’t have any other animals or want any right now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Google search for health related questions. I mostly take all my kids to the vet but sometimes a diy method can help. Finally joined because I finally had time.

BYC Welcome 7.jpg

Glad you came out of lurking to join us!

Hello-

I have used this site for a little over 2 years now. However, I am finally taking the time to join.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I got 2 baby chicks and 2 baby pekin ducks about 2 yrs ago. Always wanted them and was told no. Well noone tells me no!! I bought a house with tons of land and finally got them. Everyone thought I was crazy since im a city person, but honestly idc. Yes, i love my chickens, ducks and dogs way more than people, they are gentle and kind whereas people are not. They are not backyard pets to me, maybe I will meet more people like me here.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 13 chickens

(3) What breeds do you have?
Buff Orp, Rhode Island, Isa Brown, Silky, Barred Rock, Sex Link...

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

Google searches for questions

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

My 3 pekin ducks, dog grooming, my car and my dogs

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have 2 chihuahua’s, already mentioned the 3 pekins and my chickens. Don’t have any other animals or want any right now.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Google search for health related questions. I mostly take all my kids to the vet but sometimes a diy method can help. Finally joined because I finally had time.
Welcome to the family!!!!

Back
Top Bottom