New to BYC Looking to start flock in spring

Chicken soup

Hatching
6 Years
Oct 6, 2013
This is the neatest site and very informative , I have a neighbor who has chickens and the eggs are wonderful , soo long store bought !!!

Last edited:
:welcome Those fresh eggs are wonderful. Have you decided on a breed or breeds yet?

Looking at Buff Orphingtons or Australorpes. Maybe a few of both, but we're only allowed 5 chickens (city ordinance). We've heard they have a good temperament, and they tend to be too large to fly much. We want to turn our old shed from lawnmowers to chickens. Any thoughts on this?

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Both those breeds are great. If I were you I'd get some of each. You can post some pics of your shed in the Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance for conversion tips and advice. We have some really creative members here. Enjoy the site and good luck with your chicken keeping adventures!

I Am planning to re locate my shed and transform it into a coop but as much research as I do and as slow as I go it may take until the spring ! I always have so many pet projects to do and so precious little time !

Back
Top Bottom