new to BYC, new to owning chickens...just new...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Simon Sd, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Simon Sd

Simon Sd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2013
    I have a post up about identifying my birds, sex and maybe even breed. I realized that i haven't even said Hi yet. I live about 30 mins outside of San Diego, in the mountains. moved here a few years ago and decided to utilize some of the ample space we have, some of the chickens were here when i got here and a few unfortunately got coyoteed. and were not really getting the attention they deserved. So i took over the chicken raising and added a few more to the flock.

Here's a few pics of my flock, I am very new to this but doing my best. BYC has been a great source of info decided its time i join the BYC flock.
    [​IMG]'
    The CooP!

[​IMG]
    this is Pikachicken. an easter egger.
    [​IMG]
    Lady bird. dont know breed unfortunatly.but a great egg layer as well. [​IMG]
    The new kids. Nugget up front I am not sure of his sex. my other thread is about that.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/821513/a-few-noob-questions-about-my-burds-pics-now-included

[​IMG]
    WOO! fruits of my labors...well not fruits..and not really MY labors...

Its a pleasure to be on this site and i look forward to learning from all of you Chicken Veterans.

2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] did you post photos of: " What gender or breed is this," Please check out forums on predators and coop/runs to see how you prevent some predator wipe outs. One thing that is very important is to use 1/2" hardware cloth in place of chicken wire. Chicken wire only keeps chickens in, it doesn't keep predators out, they can slice thru it like butter.

5. sarahella

sarahella New Egg

Sep 4, 2013
    I am new to BYC, and have a flock of one white chinese gander, one mama brown african goose (with six eggs in her nest), one buff duckhen (with 5 eggs in her nest), and a mottled gray and white daddy duck. Mixed Buff Orpington and brown leghorn chicken, 2 easter eggers, plymouth barred rock, and brown leghorn (all hens.) Two midget white turkeys, and 2 lavender guineas, 2 white guineas, 2 pearl guineas, and 2 pied guineas. 5 black sexlink roosters, a pair of golden laced polish tophats (boy and girl), one bantam dark cornish hen...and a wish list of about 16 more I want...

Having a blast with my little flock!

THanks for the opportunity to join the group

Sarah

6. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Nice! Welcome from east central Indiana!

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by