new to BYC

jmaher

Hatching
Dec 5, 2015
Hi I am new to raising turkeys and I have a problem! I received 3 bourbon red poult 2 toms and a hen. They are about 8 months old and were pretty friendly until today ! One of my toms attacked me! Just wondering if there was anyway to stop this behavior ?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about Turkeys (never had any), but definitely post on our Turkey section in Other Backyard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our Turkey experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in taming your Turkey.

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

I would think your female turkey would be happier with one less male around. She is probably being overbred. I also think the males are rivals over her and that causes them to be very defensive. To reach real turkey folks post on the "Turkey thread."

welcome-byc.gif

I've never been around live turkeys so I don't know how you go about taming one. I sure wouldn't want one around that attacked though, he could seriously injure someone. Guess I'd probably have to have him come inside for dinner some night
wink.png

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom