New to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cjgosline, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Cjgosline

Cjgosline Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2017
    Hi everyone. I'm new to BYC. I just moved from HI to AL to a small farm. Currently I have 8 ducks, 5 Indiana Runners-(4 F and 1 M) and 3 Khaki Campbells-(2 F and 1M). I am adding 2 geese and 4 Buffs to my little flock in March.
    I hope to get some good ideas and info from everyone here!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Welcome to BYC! Be sure to check out the learning center, forums on all those breeds, and you'll surely find an AL state thread as well. Good luck with your poultry adventures!

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! How do you like your runner ducks? I have considered keeping them, I just love their stance and how they run everywhere. LOL

Have you stopped by our Learning Center yet? Lots of good articles and ideas on all the aspects of keeping poultry... https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You will also want to share with other duck owners here in our ducks section... https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

And if you still have questions, feel free to ask them!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our roost! :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, cjgosline, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! SueT pointed you in the right direction so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining the BYC family!! [​IMG]

5. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! :)

6. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

If you'd like to chat with other members in AL, you can find your state thread using the link in my signature line.

Must be fun having all those ducks, feel free to share pictures if you'd like!

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home here, and enjoy all the chickeny folks! :frow

~Cuz

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Cjgosline [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by