New to BYC

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all of the information you need to know about poultry. There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: It sounds as if you are getting to a good start with chicken raising. A secure coop without holes reduces the risk of dead birds to quite a percentage. A limited amount of cockerels is also very important to reduce stress on the hens. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I took a pic of my little flock last night.
IMG_1757.JPG

The buff on the right is more friendly than the rest. I need to work on her some more. I have had success in the past with catching the head chicken and taking her with me to pull weeds, then letting her eat the bugs I find. They are all a little spazzy. It's pretty funny to watch.
IMG_1695.JPG

This pic is from August. My daughter bought these chicks at the same time from two different batches and the buffs took forever to grow up. The blacks one used to try to mother them and the little ones hated it. Like "get off me! You're not my real mom!"

Thanks for the warm welcome! I took a pic of my little flock last night.
View attachment 1614252
The buff on the right is more friendly than the rest. I need to work on her some more. I have had success in the past with catching the head chicken and taking her with me to pull weeds, then letting her eat the bugs I find. They are all a little spazzy. It's pretty funny to watch.
View attachment 1614253
This pic is from August. My daughter bought these chicks at the same time from two different batches and the buffs took forever to grow up. The blacks one used to try to mother them and the little ones hated it. Like "get off me! You're not my real mom!"

Cute pictures!

Back
Top Bottom