New to BYC

TeamDefeat

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens since I was six, and have always loved birds. They're just so quirky and fun as companions or egglayers.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have five end.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have a variety of breeds. I have a Speckled Sussex, Mil Fleur Bantam, Australorp, a Modern Bantam, and some odd one... she isn't a Barred or Plymouth Rock. I believe it was a Cocrou? (I may make a post later asking for an identification.) I've had Cochins, Polish, and Brahmas in the past. (Apologies for any spelling errors on chicken names.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I find chickens one of the two most hilarious creatures in the world. Raising them by hand and learning each other personalities- as well as even training them is the best part, by far.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a part time volunteer at a Raptor sanctuary, working as a Naturalist and beginning the Flier certification. I also enjoy mindless computer games, camping, and creative writing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm not very interesting. Focusing on school and volunteering. :/

Hi! So glad you decided to join the flock!
welcome-group2.jpg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I have had chickens since I was six, and have always loved birds. They're just so quirky and fun as companions or egglayers.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have five end.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have a variety of breeds. I have a Speckled Sussex, Mil Fleur Bantam, Australorp, a Modern Bantam, and some odd one... she isn't a Barred or Plymouth Rock. I believe it was a Cocrou? (I may make a post later asking for an identification.) I've had Cochins, Polish, and Brahmas in the past. (Apologies for any spelling errors on chicken names.)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I find chickens one of the two most hilarious creatures in the world. Raising them by hand and learning each other personalities- as well as even training them is the best part, by far.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a part time volunteer at a Raptor sanctuary, working as a Naturalist and beginning the Flier certification. I also enjoy mindless computer games, camping, and creative writing.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm not very interesting. Focusing on school and volunteering. :/
Welcome to BYC! :welcome:frow:celebrate I have a Mil Flour bantam too! She used to be my avatar and she is the darnedest thing. I hope you have fun inquiring, informing, and occasionally chicken shaming to your heart's content! Because, if your bantam is like mine, she is also a huge trouble maker. :barnie Can't stay mad at her for long, though. :love
We're so happy to have you! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom