New to BYC

Ducks at Dawn

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2020
I am new to ducks, we bought 4 ducks this Spring of 2020 - There are 2 Rouens, both female and 2 Khaki Campbells both male.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard ducks? The whole family has been pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoy these ducks, they are hilarious! I find my self taking indoor projects outside just to spend time with them. We all love just hanging with the ducks. Even my husband said " I never thought I was a duck guy- but I guess I am." :D

How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found the BYC while doing research about raising ducks.

I am new to ducks, we bought 4 ducks this Spring of 2020 - There are 2 Rouens, both female and 2 Khaki Campbells both male.

What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard ducks? The whole family has been pleasantly surprised by how much we enjoy these ducks, they are hilarious! I find my self taking indoor projects outside just to spend time with them. We all love just hanging with the ducks. Even my husband said " I never thought I was a duck guy- but I guess I am." :D

How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found the BYC while doing research about raising ducks.
I've only raised one duck and her name was Grace and she was a Cayuga. Very sweet girl. They love earthworms and she would get so excited when she saw me with my hand rake! She couldn't wait for me to start digging. She also laid beautiful mint green eggs, which is always a plus. Duck eggs tend to be larger and richer than chicken eggs. Enjoy your ducks! They are a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom