New to BYC

Welcome to BYC. Actually silkies can be very difficult to sex before 4-5 mos. of age. BTW The silkie pictured doesn't have the correct "walnut comb," for the breed.
What is the correct "walnut comb"? I've never had a silkie before... I got one because my son has a friend who's mom had one. He fell in love with that chicken. 😍😄

If you don't intend to breed your silkie or show it, it doesn't really matter if the comb is improper or not.
Actually walnut combs look like a big, ugly tumor, I can't understand why breeders would want something like that. But everyone has their own "taste," I guess.
So it's not a pure breed silkie 🤔 good to know. I was thinking that the RIR I bought isn't a pure breed as well. May have to find a new person to buy from...
:frow Howdy, welcome, and thank you for your service in the military. I know nothing about the finer points of silkies, but I think that's a cute chicken and your son is going to enjoy it.
Thanks, but I never served. My son served in The Navy, as did my S.O.. I think she's a cutie as well...I just hope Ethel doesn't turn out to be a Fred...

The RIR(?) is named Lucy after Lucille Ball, and she & the silkie are BFF's, so naturally had to name her Ethel...lol

Back
Top Bottom