New to BYC..

Heather_M

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2021
So there were some questions posted when I signed up suggested to post so I figured I would copy and paste..

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This is a yes and no.. I've hatched quite a few chickens and raised for short time frames. However, this is my first time buying chicks and raising and keeping then. (Yay, homeownership) Always knowing we were going to get them, we weren't planning to get them this soon. However, this past April I saw EE Pullets at TSC (I know) but we jumped at it.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Right now we have 12...

(3) What breeds do you have?

We bought EE Pullets so it's been interesting to see what they are growing into. Some are looking like sapphire gems, one looks barred but could be something else.. but with all EE they can be anything..or a mix.. its been fun..

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

So far I love witnessing their individual personalities. I love that when they see me coming they all come running and talk..

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm an animal person.. I have 4 cats a dog a turtle fish.. all of our animals are rescues. Honestly if I can would save them all! I also am a mom, so toting my daughter back and forth from her activities, one being horses (she has the animal gene). I also enjoy to bake and cook for those that appreciate it. I am a crafter and love to design and do art.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well I think I sumed up a lot above, I am a wife, a daughter and mom.. I am at home due to having chronic health issues.. So I try to modify things to make things easier in the long term for myself on bad days or for anyone else who might have to help me.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have Known about BYC for a long time! Found you guys when I was doing prior research when hatching chicks. And used you guys for added info when converting our shed to a coop (like how far away should perchs be and how big poop boards should be. Waterproofing the floor) I finally joined bc there is an App! I never knew there was an APP! So much easier to find for me.

Thank you for having me into your community!!

Back
Top Bottom