New to BYC

keloid

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 25, 2012
Hi everyone! I just recently joined BYC and am planning on raising chickens in my backyard for the first time -- for their eggs. I'm in Seattle. Does anyone know where I could get fertile chicken eggs near Seattle? I've looked around and haven't found local hatcheries. Or, do you know of any breeders? I'd like a variety of egg-laying breeds (for blue, green, and brown eggs) and I'm also interested in some breeds for their appearance (e.g., Sultans, Silkies). Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hi everyone! I just recently joined BYC and am planning on raising chickens in my backyard for the first time -- for their eggs. I'm in Seattle. Does anyone know where I could get fertile chicken eggs near Seattle? I've looked around and haven't found local hatcheries. Or, do you know of any breeders? I'd like a variety of egg-laying breeds (for blue, green, and brown eggs) and I'm also interested in some breeds for their appearance (e.g., Sultans, Silkies). Thanks in advance for your advice!
I dont know of any hatcheries or breeders but you can type in "Seattle" or "Washington" in the seach bar and it will pull up all sorts of things. You could prob find some local breeder that way. Most hatcheries will ship nationwide, you just run the risk of losing a few the further away from them you are.

And by the way, Welcome to BYC!

http://www.manta.com/c/mm7mrj3/harder-s-hatchery

Not sure about this one but it's in Walla Walla.

Worth a shot.
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to byc isnt this just an amazing website i find all my eggs on ebay and if you let your mouse sit on forum it opens up and you can mouve it to buy sell and trade and see chicken hatching eggs
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom