new to BYC

kriminal chicks

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
Hi there. What a wonderful site, just want to go everywhere and read everything at once! I'm Kriminal chick because we are not allowed to have any "livestock" on our 2 acres. I had to get rid of my three Nigerian dwarf does and the majority of my chickens.But....I hid away 6 of my oldest until nobody was paying attention. What some people won't do for their addiction! Several have died of old age[ 12-14 yrs ]. I have one Mille fleur rooster that's 15 still going strong but grouchier. We rescued an old English game hen and her black sex link buddie from a wildlife area where some kind folks dumped them. Our reward has been 3 batches of excellent chicks from Old English and steady eggs from Blackie. More later- Bye

welcome-byc.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome to BYC! Wow, you are doing a great job caring for your chickens, 15 is about the oldest I remember reading about.

welcome-byc.gif
Another "stealth" chicken keeper. It's a darn shame when areas outlaw chickens - it's not like they have weapons and will turn on humans at some point in time.

Back
Top Bottom