New to BYC

anole

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 21, 2014
Hello
My name is Anole and my daughter ( and myself ;} ) have 2 Americanas. They are about a 1 1/2 yrs old. We bought 3 and one turned out to be a rooster! My daughter loved it until it started chasing the hens so we found a rooster sanctuary of sorts for it to live a full life ( and not become a meal! ).

Almost all my daughter's friends had chickens so when we moved into a place that had a coop already we decided to get our own too. I never thought I would love having chickens - but I do!

Thanks!

Anole and Sequoia

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry about the rooster. They can be a pain in the rump sometimes. And not keeping one can keep the hens much happier too.

So glad you are enjoying your flock! Chickens ARE so much fun to keep!!

Enjoy all your adventures with them and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Anole and Sequoia. Glad you decided to join our flock. Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Raising chickens is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Another victim of neighborhood Chicken Math!

Back
Top Bottom