New to BYC

anjovi6

Chirping
5 Years
Hello All,

I'm new to BYC as of today. I'm a country boy(old Man) from McGees Cross Roads, North Carolina.
Grew up on a farm here but, have been all over the world. I just finished a chicken house to hold about
50 chickens. And am starting out with a few chickens I purchased from some of the local farmers.
Have 25 Australorp coming in January. Eventually I want all Light Sussex. Very difficult to find.
Hope to gain a lot of knowledge from everyone here.

Welcome to BYC. You can go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on your state thread. Then ask around is anyone has light Sussex for you. Also put "Light Sussex" in the seachbox and something may pop up/ Wish you luck finding them.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a country boy and old man as well (been raising chickens for 50 years). :eek:) Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter), made lap pets of them, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. I've also had Sussex (although mine were the Speckled variety) and they had many of the same qualities as the Australorps; not quite as prolific at laying, but just as friendly and gentle. My children also made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Australorps and in getting your Light Sussex.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, you will love your Aussies! Great breed to keep. Very docile, friendly, great on the laying and hardy over all. My girls are all such lap hounds! And I hear they are good eating too if you go that route. I don't eat mine, but they are a good dual purpose bird.

Enjoy all your adventures and we do welcome you to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom