New to BYCa

desigram

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 4, 2011
Hi All,
My name is Gigi. I have 2 grown sons and granddaughter named Desiree who is 11. My husband and I are raising her. We have 1 dog, 1 blue and gold Macaw, and a hamster and a 35 gallon fish tank. My family and I are very interested in getting started in raising chickens. I am so glad I found your site because we did not know in our area that we could. We can't tell you how excited we are. We are members of the 4h CLUB and raise pigs so this would be the next step. When we went to the farm show in Harrisburg and we saw all kinds of chickens. Some I have never seen in my life. It was fascinating to see so many different types. The next more one beautiful then the next. I am not sure what kind to start out with. We would like ones that lay eggs of course. I am sure I will learn alot from this site.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined.
thumbsup.gif
Happy 4th of July.
ya.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Personally I think the Buff Orpingtons are the best chickens EVER, but there are plenty of people here who disagree. Check out the Learning Center, there's a page with a list of different breeds with their temperaments, strengths, weaknesses, etc. It should help you choose one to suit your needs.

Enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom