1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

new to chicken owning

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bittybelle, Jan 1, 2015.

1. bittybelle

bittybelle New Egg

Jan 1, 2015
    I have a chicken that is a rescue found on the side of the road in a city that prohibits any livestock. I have no chicken experience but i am doing the best i can to learn everything I can to make her life even better.She laid her 1st egg yesterday so now i know it is a female. I have had Roscette for about 4 months she was not old enough to lay when she was found. We absolutely love our feathered family member.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! How nice of you take in and care for this chicken. This is an excellent section of the learning centre for getting started on your chicken journey https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/getting-started-raising-chickens

Be sure to ask any questions you may have, everyone her to help you along the way. Enjoy BYC :frow

3. matt44644

matt44644 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2014
    Sanilac County,Michigan
    [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC and chicken keeping! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

5. ShellyBear

ShellyBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2010
    Welcome you want to learn more about chickens right? What kind of stuff do you want learn, feeding, dangers, coops, what type of breed.
    there are a lot. do you have any pics of her?

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

How nice of you to take her in!! Definitely stop by our learning center on all kinds of articles on caring for your new bird....https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Make sure to get her on some layer feed and oyster shell on the side for her. You can get both of these at the feed store.

Good luck with your new bird and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

8. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

9. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] We're glad to have you.

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by