New to chicken sexing.

Hi!

My name is Patty and I am from Iowa. I currently own 22 Chickens Three roos and 19 hens(We have Americanas, Buff Orphingtons and Rhode Island Red currently). This is the first year my husband and I have hatched and will sell most of the chicks we have once we know genders. I am a first generation chicken farmer and have joined this group to help myself learn more about gendering chickens and also how to gender a chicken when they are younger. I found this group through the Facebook group backyard chickens and joined from there.
Hi!

My name is Patty and I am from Iowa. I currently own 22 Chickens Three roos and 19 hens(We have Americanas, Buff Orphingtons and Rhode Island Red currently). This is the first year my husband and I have hatched and will sell most of the chicks we have once we know genders. I am a first generation chicken farmer and have joined this group to help myself learn more about gendering chickens and also how to gender a chicken when they are younger. I found this group through the Facebook group backyard chickens and joined from there.
Welcome to BYC!!

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Hello Patty, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Do you find that the girls are overbred with that many males?
Yes and one of them we have plans for one of the roosters if we don’t rehome the 4H Buff Orpington hens (not a part of our main flock)after the fair in July. We were thinking of moving those hens in with the third rooster. We inherited two roosters from a friend of my husband’s family; she had too many so we took them in since we needed another rooster. Only had one rooster to protect 19 hens so my Father in law talked to his friend; I didn’t think my husband would bring two home but they are sweet.

Back
Top Bottom