new to chickens and BYC!

ajm515

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2019
Pennsylvania
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, 1st time owner. I picked up my chicks 3 weeks ago!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 12

(3) What breeds do you have? I have 3 ISA Browns, 3 Amberlinks, 2 Brahmas, 2 Silver-laced Wyandottes, & 2 New Hampshire Reds

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I'm looking forward to the eggs but I also just enjoy taking care of the animals and watching them do their thing.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I'm an avid camper and outdoor enthusiast.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I've been married to my wife for almost 9 years and we have two boys, the oldest is almost 4 and the youngest is 8 months old. We also have a dog who is 10 and is a beaglier and a cat, 6?, who we took in from the streets at our first house so we're not sure what kind he is. I work for a payroll company, setting up and training other companies on our software. I'm very fortunate to be able to work from home full time which gives me more time to spend with my family and chicks!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D I found BYC after linking to a bunch of articles while researching for my chicks. I've been a non-member for about 6 months, just reading articles I find useful or getting coop ideas. Finally decided to join since I now have my flock and I'm sure I'll be needing advice along the way. I've already read a lot of good info from here and there so much more to look at!

Image-1 (1).jpg

Hi and welcome to BYC and congrats on your new hobby.

Here are some links to key resources:
Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom