New to chickens and wondering what kind they are

greek momma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 3, 2013

I purchased them at a county fair. these 2 are approx 6 weeks old. Are they males or females and can you tell what their breed is? many thanks

You might want to get better pictures of them to help with the guessing, side shots, and head shots were we can see the comb. Color wise they "look" like they maybe sex link pullets, but in the picture you have up the one chick looks like it has a lot of comb for a girl, so you may have mixes that just happen to have the same color.

You might want to get better pictures of them to help with the guessing, side shots, and head shots were we can see the comb. Color wise they "look" like they maybe sex link pullets, but in the picture you have up the one chick looks like it has a lot of comb for a girl, so you may have mixes that just happen to have the same color.

The red one does definitely have a little more comb than I like to see at this age, but it is also a fairly typical red sex link color, which could just be chance unfortunately. I don't know, I would give them a couple of weeks and see what they look like then...

Back
Top Bottom