New to chickens, but loving it

FleurSlkie

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 12, 2011
East Coast
A bit about me, I served in the Army for 13 years so I haven't had much time to just sit down with the chickens so to speak. I fell in love with chickens when I was stationed in Belgium and saw my first Mille Fleur D'uccle. I've been out of the service for 2 years now and have acquired approximately 100+ birds. I say birds as some turkeys and quails are also included in the mix and I stopped counting new additions after the 100+ mark. For me, chickens just seem to relax me as I sit down in the yard and watch them simply being chickens.

If anyone is working on a silkie with mille fleur coloring I'd love to see some pictures. I don't care for what is popular so much as I care for what I like and that is something I'd like to see. My two favorite birds.... silkies and d'uccle Mille Fleur. I'm new so be easy on me.
Sincerely,
Eric

welcome-byc.gif
from So Cal. Glad to have you with us - there's lots to learn here
smile.png

Hello from Alabama! I only have 6. 5 hens (EE's, RIR and one sex link), and the most evil rooster ever! I too am new to the site and to chickens too. I am learning alot!

Hi Eric!

I'm so new I don't even have a flock yet, but I just had to say how wonderful your story is
smile.png

Cheers and good luck with your birds!

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Seems like I've seen mille fleur silkies mentioned a few times on here. Good luck with your flock & thank you for your service
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom