1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to chickens in stony plain!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ababonich, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ababonich

ababonich New Egg

Jul 30, 2016
    Hi, we live in Stony Plain, AB, Canada. We have 10 hens and 2 roosters. a mix of black australorpf, leghorn, brahma, ameracauna, speckled sussex.

we heard about BYC by googling things online. we love having chickens but are new to this so often have a lot of questions. lol[​IMG]

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and :welcome. Pleased you joined us. BYC is a friendly community so ask away!

1 person likes this.
  4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Please always feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure anyone would be happy to help. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. cukuriku

cukuriku Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Hello there [​IMG] and [​IMG]!!!!!!!!!! It's so nice to have you here with us! Make sure to take advantage of reading up in the learning center and all the wonderful threads as well, which will have many questions answered for you. This community has really nice people and have very informative information to offer. Enjoy the site, and have much success with your flock!

1 person likes this.
  6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

I've never been to Canada but "Stony Plain" sure is a neat name for a place.

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may enjoy joining the "Canadians- check-in-here." thread for news closer to home.

We live on what used to be a quarry - should just say " Lots of rocks." Can't dig down more than a couple inches without the familiar "klink" of shovel against boulder. But it does drain well.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by