New to chickens/love hatching!

trinity, silkies seem to be dense- often it's because their vision is obscured by their crests. If so, if you can carefully trim back the feathers away from their eyes -(an assistant to hold the bird steady may be required) they will go up in IQ quickly.

Last edited:
I have 3 boys , 2 in high school and 1 in 6th grade. 😊 My older sons have always been self led, but I've had to lead my day dreaming, cat petting, youngest every day.
I have 3 boys and a 22 yr old daughter that graduated a few years ago. A 19-year-old son graduating ASAP. (He had to take almost a year off for a concussion.) A 17-year old son that I am scared will never get there, and a 15-year old son that knows EVERYTHING and should probably be teaching me. 😁

I started with 6 then went back to the feed store and got 4 more then went back again and got 8. I really wanted a few silkies, but they only had frizzel's so I got 4. now I have 22, 8 different breeds. I get the obsession. 😆
I am so jealous of all your chickens! lol
We just hatched 3 silkies that are too cute! I am praying the white one is a girl! I have no idea what color she will be. Two look like blue partridge from what I can tell, but she is white with blue chipmunk markings and the prettiest little thing!

Attachments

• IMG_9289.jpeg
    IMG_9289.jpeg
    396.7 KB · Views: 1
trinity, silkies seem to be dense- often it's because their vision is obscured by their crests. If so, if you can carefully trim back the feathers away from their eyes -(as assistant to hold the bird steady may be required) they will go up in IQ quickly.
Thank you! haha! I will double-check that tomorrow! I don't think this baby has much in his way just yet, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. (He's only 5 weeks old) LOL, Most of his top feathers are just coming in and they are going backward with little streamers -which is why I am guessing its a he. I sent his DNA off-so we should know soon!
This pic is a week old and his little black feathers on top are a bit longer now. :)

Attachments

• IMG_9302.jpeg
    IMG_9302.jpeg
    279.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom