New to Chickens! Wanting some new friends! Hi!! *Waves*

ChickenWifey - Welcome from Mill Spring,N.C.!(near Columbus) WOW fifteen chicks in March! Today is May first so they're getting pretty BIG,huh?Are they outside yet? I have six new chicks who are a little over 3 weeks old and they,re getting pretty restless in their brooder box in the spare room! Wondering if it would be too soon to transition them to their new pen-within-a-pen inside the big chicken's run? Here's a couple of pics of the new babies and the FREE RANGE flock outside.

Did you realize what you were getting into?
Here's what you can expect:
HOURS of work!
TONS of rewards!
HOURS of entertainment!
HUNDREDS of eggs!
THOUSANDS of Laughs!
I hope your enjoyment of raising chickens will be as REWARDING as it has for me! This stuff is FUN!

I am loving my chickens! Yea they are getting big now, but we went to a chicken meet last weekend and bought 5 more chicks. We downsized to 6 from the original 15. We found a home for them out on 80 acres, then my hubby goes and gets 5 more! They are about 3 weeks old, and we have to keep them in quaranteen for a while before moving them to socialize with the girls ( and boys) Im not happy that my favorite chicken "Nugget" yes, that is his name, turned out to be a boy. We live in a neighborhood and cant have a rooster because of a noise law in our city. We dont have an HOA, but I know the crowing would have the cops at my door. He isnt crowing yet, and I hope we can find a new house before he starts cause I just dont wanna lose him!

I love your chickens! They are beautiful! What are their names?

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
from Southern PA! What a beautiful family pic!

Back
Top Bottom