New to Chickens

Rabbit Hill

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2020
Massachusetts
Hi! I'm Teddy. I'm from south of Boston in the suburbs -- we're on a third of an acre and working on the tiniest homestead. So far we keep a breeding trio of meat rabbits (plus six week-old kits right now; I'm hoping to find another litter when I go out for morning chores!) and some pet quail. Well. Sort of pets. We only have one female so the males will eventually be dinner. Planning to hatch out more in the spring for the tiniest eggs! We've also got a pair of cats, a mouse, and a ten-month-old actual human baby.

I joined because chickens and/or ducks are in our near future; we just got back from the Northeastern Poultry Congress and now I want little bantam chickens very terribly. We already know we want Cayuga ducks eventually, but the build for their pen is going to be a big undertaking! I've already built four rabbit hutches, so I can do a chicken hutch, but Cayugas are real big and need space.

Excited to meet you all! I've been using the forums regularly for information gathering and decided to finally join now that we're closer to the Chicken/Duck Date.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

You sure have lots of critters!! :) I kept quail for 11+ years, so much fun to keep and hatch. :jumpy

You have definitely come to the right place what with your variety of birds. Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions about any of your birds, we have forums for all of them!

Welcome to our roost! :)

Back
Top Bottom