New to chickens!

JuliaHeid

Chirping
Mar 29, 2020
[email protected]
I am supposed to post but I wasn't sure what to say... so I found this list of questions :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I first got chickens last year, but it did not go well. Started over this year and so far so good :)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
How many? I have a trio of lavender Orpingtons, 3 buff hens currently being looked after by a Jubilee roo, and (I think) 9 Jubilees.

(3) What breeds do you have?
My chickens are all Orpingtons.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
It was going to just be for eggs, but they are fun and I am getting very interested in some of the more exotic colors.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I also raise bird dogs, specifically German Shorthaired Pointers, which is what happened to the first set of chickens when a couple of my dogs saw them in the yard and went under the fence. Problem fixed.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am just an old lady in central GA that loves animals. My good husband helps me with the animals.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I found BYC through internet searches while asking my computer a bunch of questions on chickens.

Jubilees7820.jpg
LavenderPullets7820.jpg

Back
Top Bottom