New to Chickens

Sep 18, 2021
Hello,

I received my chicks 7/22/2021 from Murray McMurray, I have 17 ladies and one surprise chick which is a Golden Laced Cochin Bantam not sure if it’s a hen or rooster. I also have 1 Black Australorp, 2 black stars,2 pearl-white leghorns,2 red stars, 3 whiting true blue, 3 whiting true green,2 Rhodesia island reds,2 amber stars they are so friendly, I happy to get eggs from my girls and they are so sweet. I love gardening so all the pine shavings will make great compost.I have a barn cat to take care of mice and I’m looking at getting 2 guineas to patrol my yard to eat all the insects, my chicks have a run we built off the back of the barn, they can’t go outside due to Hawks. I found out about your group while looking online there is so much great information for new chick owners. My chicks live in a converted horse stall it’s 12x12 and has rubber mats on the floor I was wondering if anyone could tell me if deep bedding method would work with the mats down.

Hi and welcome to BYC. Sorry, I have no experience with mats and deep litter methods. Here are some links that may be helpful:

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom