New to Chickens

Amarisus

Songster
10 Years
May 14, 2011
Fallbrook CA
Hello Everyone Me and my wife are pretty new to keeping chickens. At the advice of a member of this forum we decided to join up. My name is Robert and my wifes name is Lindsey. We live 40 miles outside San Diego but we just recently moved here from Texas. We got out first chickens about 3 months ago. We bought 11 three day old chicks from the local feed store. We raised them all to three months old and then i realized that we had to get rid of half of them to make room for others as my wife was already starting to show signs of chicken addiction. So we sold 8 birds to a local 4-H member and her parents. we have gotten a few more birds and now have 8 total. We have 2 production reds mainly just for eggs. We also have three easter eggers two pullets and one cockerel, one little bantam that my wife thinks is a D'uccle, and a polish we just bought today named brownie. Oh and i Almost forgot our Orpington (buff), that my wife named Nugget. She loves this Orpington so much she said that shes keeping it till it dies of old age with absolutely zero exceptions. We also have on the property one Nigerian dwarf goat named Fern. One Lamancha goat named Cash ( he is my favorite animal here. I lovbe that little guy) and we have a Hampshire lamb that just won first place in the lightweight market show at the Fallbrook youth fair. We are taking the lamb to Del Mar Fair in june. Most people would think we had enough animals but im not done yet. We also have 5 dogs, two Great Danes named Mercedes and Button, one rotty named Gunny, and two little tiny mutt dogs named nina and samson. Okay now im done with the animals finally. We are ventureing into hatching we got ourselves a Hova Bator and a few dozen fertile mutt eggs and were hoping for the best. Me and my wife look foward to getting to know everyone here and special thanks to Hatchingfever for telling us about the forum. we had been using the breed chart on the site but didnt notice there was a forum till he told us.

Hello
frow.gif
from Hesperia,CA and
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom