New to Chickens

AshleyMeurs

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 3, 2012
Canada
Hi All,

Well I am new to raising chickens, they have not yet arrived however we finished the coop yesterday and everything is ready for the little ones to move in! I decided as I have never had Chickens before I should inform myself prior to their arrival (I didn't grow up with farm animals of any kind - now I have one inside cat a large outdoor dog, barn cats, and two horses at home and last year we boarded approx 30 heifers for the summer, so it is safe to say I am being introduced to the farm life quite well!) My Fiance had chickens when he was young however after finishing the coop building project reminded me that this is my endeavor and I should educate myself as much as possible before they arrive! So I started doing just that and found this website the most helpful of those around... thought I would join and share my journey and gain insightful information along the way from the other members here. We bought an acreage last year and it has always been my hope to grow my own food, I love gardening canning and jamming! so eggs seemed to me like the next logical avenue... so here I go looking forward to the years to come with my chickens and eggs!

Any words of wisdom or advice will be greatly accepted and appreciated!

- Ashley

Hello &
welcome-byc.gif
from Southern California! Glad you joined us!
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to BYC! The most important thing is too have fun! Raising Poultry is very rewarding!

Back
Top Bottom