New to Chicks and chickens!

Hi I'm a newbie too and was looking at a portable coop, problem is for 5 happy hens i decided this was way too small, and went with a 4x5 hen house and permanant 10x4 run underneath, the total foot print is 4 x 10 feet with nest boxes hanging over the end, I can only let them out when I'm home so when cooped up while i'm gone during the day or for a week while we vacation etc it will be small but not totally cramped. Best advise i heard was go as big as you can, it took a little coersing with my DH, but i'm very excited just got done putting in the foundation for my coop today yay!!

Last edited:
Hi I'm a newbie too and was looking at a portable coop, problem is for 5 happy hens i decided this was way too small, and went with a 4x5 hen house and permanant 10x4 run underneath, the total foot print is 4 x 10 feet with nest boxes hanging over he end, I can only let them out when I'm home so when cooped up while i'm gone during the day or for a week while we vacation etc it will be small but not totally cramped. Best advise i heard was go as big as you can, it took a little coersing with my DH, but i'm very excited just got done putting in the foundation for my coop today yay!!

Back
Top Bottom