New to duck life any advice?

Yes I'ma get them some in the morning. So I can give it to the one that is having issues. And just put it in there feed so they all can get it. But the one with the issues I have been hand feeding today just to make sure she or he is getting what it needs. So I will keep doing that until he or she is back to normal hopefully soon.
It is insane how quickly they grow! We've had our 2 for a little over 5 weeks and they are enormous already! In the top photos they were about 3 days old and the bottom photo they are 5 weeks old!

photocollage_2020425213411930.jpg

Omgoodness 😍 the darker duck is so freaking cute! It's so crazy to watch them all grow and get there personality in. It's like everyday eachone is doing something different. Or learning a new noise to make at night time to keep me up lol
I just told my mom today that they are just like dogs but with feathers, haha!

I just told my mom today that they are just like dogs but with feathers, haha!
Lol there a mess. We have 18 of them for my almost 2 year old as a early birthday present. I went to ts to get ceresto collars for the dogs. And seen the ducks. So I got 5 for him. It was HELL ! As soon as I got in the car he heard them. Then he said mommy duck? I said um.... I looked at hubby and said help me ? Not until we get home can he see them. He said just take one out so he can see it. I said fine so I did and it was the worst thing I have ever listened to my hubby about. For the 30 minutes home all was said was baby Grayson screaming at the top of his lungs duck ! Duck! Duck! When we finally got home he screamed and cried until I let him see them then he feel asleep in the duck cage lol

So I went today and got the niacin I gave him
When we have one showing a leg problem we immediately think of a niacin deficiency and once they have one it best to get them on Durvet liquid B Complex TSC has it it will say injectable but we give it to our ducklings orally since your feeding this one separately you could mix 1/2 ml into a small amount of feed and let him eat it all that way you k ow he got full dose. You might want to keep this little one in the same brooder you have set up but with a divider of some kind so it’s not getting stepped on by the other and they can all still see each other. Until this recovers an get strong enough to with stand the other pushing and shoving. Sounds like you have Pekin and white layers. Both get big so you want to make sure they get an adequate amount of B everyday either through the Durvet liquid b complex or by putting 1 tab of brewers yeast to every cup of feed you give them. All except any who are already showing issues like this on you described. Sounds like you have a house full.And I commend you for teaching your children how to treat these ducklings and care for them. :welcome

I went today and got the niacin. And a seringe, I put 2 ml in the seringe. I put it up her his/her mouth, and slowly VERY slowly let it drop she/he started to drink it up. But I wanted to let it go faster so I squirted it into a small cup almost like a medicine cup, and she /he immediately drunk it all up :) i also did the same thing for all 18 ducklings. If I put it in there water, they all swim and play in there drinking water and I don't want it wasted, also I want to make sure they all get some of it. Should I do that with the one who is having issues once a day? Or twice a day ?

Back
Top Bottom